Thank you from everyone at 182online.com.

Re: The Ultimate California/blink-182 Survey

Elevator wrote:We're at about 700 responses so far, people. Please fill it out if you haven't already. I'm going to submit this to a few other communities and see if reddit mods will pin it for a month.

I'll be posting it on our front page and on our Facebook and twitter probably tomorrow, or saturday to give the non-leakers time to hear the damn thing. Anything else we can do I'll push it forward.

My Music
I am doing a sponsored head shave for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Please donate via my company page!

Re: The Ultimate California/blink-182 Survey

KayTheMagnificent wrote:
Elevator wrote:We're at about 700 responses so far, people. Please fill it out if you haven't already. I'm going to submit this to a few other communities and see if reddit mods will pin it for a month.

I'll be posting it on our front page and on our Facebook and twitter probably tomorrow, or saturday to give the non-leakers time to hear the damn thing. Anything else we can do I'll push it forward.

Awesome, thank you!

twitter

Re: The Ultimate California/blink-182 Survey: Results are IN!

Since late June, I have been gathering input from all manner of blink-182 fandom via a Google Survey. Sources include several huge message boards (including the 182online.com forum of course!), the blink-182 subreddit, and many more communities that have a passion for blink’s music and members, past and present. Thank you to any and all of the 1,872 fans that were kind enough to take some time to fill out the survey. Let’s take a look at the results:

The majority of fans seem to give this album a B grade, trending toward a B+.

Just over half of all blink-182 fans polled find California to a progression for the band since their last release, “Dogs Eating Dogs.

Cynical was the hands-down uncontested favorite, while the consensus on 2 and 3 were much harder to reach. San Diego pulled ahead with a very late charge, snatching the silver medal with a 33% tally, with Left Alone & She’s Out of Her Mind coming in a virtual tie for bronze.

Fans were hard-fought to choose which songs they DIDN’T like from this album, and the disparity is clear. Los Angeles’s unusual nature for a blink song earned it the #1 ranking for Least Liked, but Teenage Satellites was always floating in the top of the chart since this poll’s inception.

Here’s where the Tom data starts to trickle in, and 1/5th of those polled miss the former frontman. Outside of support for Mark, a quarter of the surveyed felt they couldn’t pick a favorite.

The bulk of results came from long-time fans, which makes sense considering the band has been around for nearly a quarter century. I’ll reshape that question for our next survey.

Nearly half of the results coming from people born in the early-to-mid 1990s.

No love for Buddha? The age of the participants in tandem with this question, as the bulk of those polled loved the untitled/self-titled 2003 album which many consider the band’s masterpiece.

Despite the positive reactions from many critics and fans, most apparently have no interest in seeing John Feldmann return as blink’s producer for their next work.

I was surprised to see the Tom questions net data that inclines toward fans supporting DeLonge. Looks like those who hate the guy are a very vocal minority.

Among the rumored titles for this record, the majority of you agreed with blink in that they aren’t up to snuff.

No question about it – fans enjoy Bored To Death as the lead single off of California.

The overwhelming majority of those polled stood by She’s Out Of Her Mind as the best alternative lead single.

In the final two gag questions, most fans must’ve felt they were only halfway home.

The runaway response here was that 748 of you have fucked my mother, and for that I thank you.

Thanks again to ALL OF YOU who participated!

twitter